Besides through the web browser, there are several ways to access email through different freely available programs and apps, use the information below to set up SD19 Office 365 email for your devices:
Apple iPhone / iPad / Android
Step One: Download the Microsoft Outlook app from the App Store:
Step Two: After the Outlook app is downloaded, start the app.
Step Three: Tap Get Started.
Step Four: Decide if you want the Outlook app to send you notifications, and tap the appropriate option (recommend that notifications are allowed). If you selected Notify Me, tap OK on the pop-up notification.
Step Four: Type your SD19 email address (including the @sd19.bc.ca) (e.g. email@example.com) in the field, and tap Add Account.
Step Five: A new windows will appear and ask you to enter your SD19 Office 365 password. Please contact the School Board Office if you need to know your SD19 Office 365 password.
Step Six: The Outlook app will be configured automatically for you. When the app asks you to add another account, select the option Maybe Later.
Step Seven: A short tutorial will be provided afterward to explain the Outlook app to you, this can be skipped as needed.
Apple MacOS Mail
Step One: Start the Apple Mail program.
Step Two: Your next step depends on if you have already set up an email account, or not in Apple Mail.
- If you have already set up an email account, click the Mail menu, and select Add Account…. and then select Exchange
- If you haven’t set up an account, select Exchange and then click Continue.
Step Three: Complete the following details:
- Name – Enter your first and last name
- Email address – Enter your full SD19 Office 365 email address (including @sd19.bc.ca) (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password – Enter your SD19 Office 365 password
- Click Sign In
Step Four: Select the applications you want to sync with your Office 365 email address (ok to select all of the options).
Step Five: Click Done.
Step One: Start the Outlook 2016 program
Step Two: Your next step depends on if you have already set up an email account, or not in Outlook.
- If this is your first time setting up an email address,
Click Exchange / Office 365
- If you have already set up an email address, click Tools > Accounts > + > Exchange
Step Three: Enter your full SD19 Office 365 email address (including @sd19.bc.ca) (e.g. email@example.com)
and your SD19 Office 365 password.
Step Four: Select Configure automatically, and then click Add Account.
Step Five: Click Allow. If available select the checkbox to Always Allow.