Welcome to School District 19 (Revelstoke)
Revelstoke is located on the Trans Canada Highway adjacent to the Okanagan and Kootenay regions. We are a vibrant, historic mountain community of 7,139. Our School District serves approximately 936 students in three elementary schools and one high school, all within the City of Revelstoke.
Click here for school schedules and updated bus routes
for the 2014-2015 school year.
Revelstoke Children's Charter
It is with great pride that the Revelstoke Board of Education is a signatory to the Revelstoke Childrenâ€™s Charter. The Revelstoke Board of Education believes that the signing of the Revelstoke Childrenâ€™s Charter ensures continued awareness and understanding regarding securing the best outcomes for all children in our community.
The purpose of School District No. 19 (Revelstoke) is to provide all learners with an opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills according to individual potential, to develop positive attitudes towards life-long learning and to develop personal social values that will prepare them to participate in and contribute to, a healthy, sustainable and democratic society.
We envision an education system that enables all learners to:
- achieve academic success to their potential;
- obtain personal fulfilment; and
- demonstrate social responsibility
by creating and nurturing a learning environment which involves the support and engagement of all staff, parents and the wider community.
We believe that our system should create and nurture an environment in which:
- learning based on individual needs and potential within a setting that requires social responsibility is maximized;
- the physical and emotional environments in which we learn, work and interact are safe, supportive and non threatening;
- positive social attitudes and respect for diversity are encouraged;
- the contributions and achievements of students, staff, parents and community are recognized and celebrated;
- the rights and responsibilities of individuals and groups within the community are respected;
- ethical practices based upon honesty, integrity and professional confidentiality are expected;
- appreciation, conservation and sustainability of our natural environment are learned and acted upon;
- open communication among all members of the system is invited; and
- decisions are made collaboratively and through consensus wherever possible.